RoyalSlider – Touch Content Slider for WordPress
June 23, 2012
The RoyalSlider WordPress Plugin found on codecanyon.net is by far the most useful content slider on the market. To date this plugin offers many of the features found on the popular Nivo Slider, and makes them better. While the Nivo Slider in itself is an amazing jQuery plugin, it does not offer any of the most important features needed for optimizing your site for mobile devices or other features like preloading, lazy loading and touch navigation . This is not the case for the RoyalSlider, they offer all of these features including hardware acceleration. Even with the $20 price tag, if you take into consideration the ease of use, and numerous features that are not found in other plugins, it is well worth the investment. Some of the other features included are:
Front End Features
- Touch navigation for mobile and desktop
- Hardware-accelerated CSS3 transitions for supported touch devices.
- Multiple sliders per page is allowed, even with different skins.
- HTML blocks with custom effects (fade, move top, move right… or none).
- Image and/or HTML content for each slide (video isn’t supported).
- Smart lazy-loading — preloads nearby images after current (optional).
- Move or fade transition for slides.
- Slides with a speed of swipe.
- SEO — each block can contain any HTML tags (h2, p, img, ul).
- Thumbnails or bullets for navigation.
- Responsive layout down to mobile, can be enabled in a few clicks. View responsive demo. Animated blocks don’t scale with layout by default, but you can position them how you need via media queries or relative properties.
- Three unique skins that can easily be editable using CSS . Photoshop files included.
- Slider files are included only to WordPress pages where it is (if shortcode is used).
- Autoplay support, interval times can be set in the settings panel.
- Customizable slides transition — set custom duration and easing for animation.
- Optional keyboard navigation and much more…
Back End Features
- Easy to use admin area with default WordPress style and inline help.
- Simple embedding using shortcode or PHP function.
- WYSIWIG blocks editor — add unlimited blocks-captions to each slide and edit their content inline.
- Optional automatic image and thumbnails resizing with TimThumb.
- Set custom move and fade effects, duration, easing and delay for each animated block.
- Live slider preview in admin.
- Add images via WordPress media uploader or paste a url.
- Works with wp 3.1+ and php5, for faster admin area it’s recommended to use latest Chrome or Firebox.
- Manage sliders and slides — delete, duplicate, drag and drop to sort.